Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WHC2010 Guests of Honour -- latest


Les Edwards and a younger Dave Carson
Photos (c) Peter Coleborn


The Guests of Honour line up for the WHC in 2010 now includes authors Tanith Lee and David Case and artists Les Edwards and Dave Carson. Les and Dave have been associated with the BFS and Fantasycon for many years -- sometimes working on my publications, such as Winter Chills and convention souvenir booklets -- and so it is a thrill to see them so honoured. I remember reading Tanith Lee's The Birthgrave when it was first published by DAW in 1975 and was blown away by its sheer energy. I met her again at Eastercon last year -- and she looked as great as ever. I've only met David Case once or twice and unfortunately never managed to get a really good photo of the man. I'm looking forward to meeting him -- and Tanith, Les and Dave -- next year.

WHC2010 takes place in Pinky's world, Brighton, in early spring. I suppose that will encourage attendees to remain in the confines of the hotel over the weekend -- although if the wind is strong enough, perhaps a gale, I'll need to go out to reminisce about a wind-swept afternoon in Littlehampton (not too far from Brighton) in the 1990s. Check out the convention's website for details.

No comments: